Back / Home


Okay, so you found a church that was a match for you and decided to make it your home church. What happened next?


October 5th, 2009 - March 28th, 2011

I was taking Bible classes at the church and continued to attend services there. We finished studying the Gospel of John on March 28th, 2011. Then we began studying various other things in class before moving on to the Gospel of Mark on August 8, 2011.


August 8th, 2011

Began studying the Gospel of Mark.


February 6th, 2012

We were still studying the Gospel of Mark. We were on Mark 7:24-37 when I felt something shoot through me in class. While the pastor, whom I will call Pastor John, was teaching class I felt something shoot through me. I only remember thinking, "What was that?" Then I was out. I either fell asleep or passed out or was put to sleep. I don't know how long I was out but my cell phone vibrated and woke me up. When I woke up I did not know where I was. I answered my phone before realizing I was in class and began a conversation with the party on the other end. When it dawned on me that I was in class, it was too late and so I exited class as fast as I could while still engaged in this phone conversation. I did not return to class until it ended and then I rushed in grabbed my keys and my Bible and my notes and high tailed it out of there. My eyes dead locked with Pastor John's eyes but I did not say anything to him. I just left abruptly.


When I got home I just sat down and tried to figure out what had just happened. I began to question Jesus about what had just happened. I began to blame Jesus for putting me to sleep. I began to believe that Jesus had put me to sleep. And I wanted to know why. I never fall asleep in class, it is just something I have never done. I racked my brain trying to figure out why Jesus had put me to sleep. Had He put me to sleep? Or did I fall asleep, or pass out or faint? I truly believed He had put me to sleep and I came up with my own answer. I figured He had put me to sleep and caused this embarrassment in my life because He wanted me out of that class and wanted me to recreate my website to tell my story. That was not something I wanted to do. I told Jesus that "no" I would not do that and to just keep that "stuff" buried. I flatly refused to create another website with that information in it. But guess what? Jesus won the battle and I did create another website to tell my story and if you have read this far, you have read my website.


Needless to say, I never returned to class because it would have been too hard for me to study and work on my website. I missed the rest of the bible study on the gospel of Mark. I devoted all my time and energy to recreate my website, which turned out to be better than the first one. It took me about five months to create my website. I stayed away from the church for five months while I was working on my website. I was not entirely done with my website and wanted to add more information that I thought I could get by attending a class on becoming a member of the church I was attending. So I decided to attend a class on becoming a member of the church. I was not a member, yet. Pastor John was there and I decided to sit at his table. I felt like he gave me the third degree for not attending his classes anymore. I sort of just disappeared without any explanation or contact with him. He encouraged me to begin attending his classes again and so I did.


I just want to mention here that Mark 7:24-37 is half way through the Gospel of Mark. Pastor John tapes his classes on Audio CD's. These CD's are then marketed and sold in the bookstore at the church. The Gospel of Mark was taped and sold as two separate sets. The first set of CD's went from the beginning of Mark to Mark 7:24-37. Those included all the classes I attended. The second set began with Mark 8 and went to the end of Mark 16, ending the Gospel of Mark. The second set was packaged and sold this way with 32 CD's. I wanted to continue my study of the Gospel of Mark and I knew that Pastor John taped the classes so I went to the church bookstore to purchase the CD's from the classes I missed. I had written down the chapters I needed, chapters 8-16. When I found the sets of CD's on the Gospel of Mark from his class I was astonished to find that the first set included all the classes I attended, and the second set included all the classes I missed. How convenient, I thought! I only have to purchase the second set because it has all the classes I missed. Do you see what is happening here? Do you believe I passed out or fainted, or fell asleep, or do you believe I was put to sleep, like I believe? Not only this, but read on to find out what happened next.


When I looked at the price of the set of CD's I thought, "Wow, $54.90. That's a lot of money. That is going to set me back a bit." But I needed the CD's so I took the set over to the bookstore counter and pulled out my debit card. Out of the blue the clerk looked at me and said, "I'm going to give you a discount!" "Really?" I replied. "That would be great!" I don't remember how much of a discount she gave me, but I do remember it was substantial. I did not have a coupon or anything. She just said that out of the blue. Do you see what is happening here?

Picture of the CD Set.

September 10th, 2012

Began Bible classes on 1 Peter at the church I was attending. I was still working on small parts of my website. Some of it became very difficult to deal with because it was dealing with some disturbing things from my past. I knew it was going to be difficult to deal with those things that is why I waited to add them last. It really was bothering me to bring these things to the surface and I thought I was going to "lose it" by being reminded of these things. I think I did "lose it" and one day after class I told Pastor John that I thought I had "lost it" and asked him if he would help me with something. So later it was arranged and I met with him in his office on November 13, 2012.


November 13th, 2012

At this meeting I told Pastor John some things about Father Geidman and told him about my website. He wanted to know where I was going with this thing. I told him I did not know and I still do not know where this is going. I did not give my website address to Pastor John at this time. It was not until about a month later that I gave my website address to Pastor John.


December 17th, 2012

Gave my website address to Pastor John. He did not read my website until six weeks later, and that was only after I pestered him to read it.


February 4th, 2013

Pastor John finally read my website. He sent me an email stating to me that he had read all the pages and listened to some of the songs, not all of the songs, just a few.


February 11th, 2013

I met with Pastor John and a lawyer. They were going to give me advice on what to do with my website. It was suggested to me to make some changes, which I did. Pastor John also stated that he did not agree with my theology. I told him I knew that. And I did. I did not expect him to agree with me. I had mentioned in my website that something terrible always happens when I do not do what Jesus tells me to do. That every time I disobey Jesus something bad happens. Pastor John brought this into the conversation and made a statement to the effect of "Well, if something happens..."


February 15th, 2013

Four days after I had met with Pastor John and the lawyer something did happen to me. I again felt something shoot through me. The same thing that had happened to me in Pastor John's class on February 6th, 2012, happened again, today, almost a year to the date later. This time it was at the back of my neck. Again, I thought, "What was that?" Then I began to feel sick.


February 18th, 2013

I was very sick by now. Went to Urgent Care. Was prescribed medications. I sent an email to Pastor John stating that I could not attend class that night because I was extremely sick. He then sent out an email to all class attendees that he was cancelling class because he too was very sick. So something happened to the both of us. We both got sick. I missed the next three classes before spring break on March 18th, 2013.


Around March 13th, 2013

I was feeling better, then I got sick again. I was fine one second, then the next second I became extremely dizzy. I was home so I went to my bedroom and laid down in bed. The dizziness got worse and then I began vomiting. It came on suddenly, was a brutal attack, and lasted a very long time. I did not make it to the hospital. The last thing I remember is my head hitting the pillow. Then I was out. I must have passed out. When I woke up my ears were ringing.


March 27th, 2013

I consulted an ENT. Tests revealed a slight hearing loss, tinnitus, probable vestibulo-ocular reflex dysfunction and TMJ.


April 1, 2013

Pastor John sent out an email to the class that class was cancelled because he was again sick. I had missed class from February 18th - June 24th, 2013 because of my illnesses.


May 16, 2013

Appointment with my physician to try some medications for tinnitus. Many lab tests were ordered and done two days later on May 18, 2013.


June 17, 2013

Follow-up appointment with my physician. We discussed my abnormal lab results and talked about what can be done about them. Vitamins were suggested and also to quit giving blood to the Red Cross because of low hemoglobin and hematocrit results.


September 9th, 2013

Got dizzy again. Felt nauseated. This time drove myself to the hospital emergency room. I got very sick in the waiting room. Admitted at 4:38 PM. IV started. CAT Scan of my brain done. Results were negative. Lab work done. CBC normal. Glucose 114, Sodium 135, Carbon Dioxide 33. Heart Rate 50. BP 124/69. Meds prescribed. Discharged at 8:46 PM. Drove home.


September 16th, 2013

Follow up appointment with my physician. Wants me to see a cardiologist. She will call and make arrangement and get some tests ordered. Felt well enough to attend class. Now studying the Epistles of John.


October 15th, 2013

The first of the series of cardiology tests ordered was a 24 hour halter monitor for my heart, which I wore today.


October 21st, 2013

Echocardiogram and treadmill stress test done. Missed class.


October 25th, 2013

Tilt Table Test done.


November 4th, 2013

Follow-up appointment with the cardiologist. All tests were negative. No blockages anywhere. Found nothing abnormal. Missed class. I have pressure and pain in my left eye and left head pain. Yet every time I mention this to the physicians they seem to ignore it and look for something else. I live in pain on a daily basis with no relief. The medications the physicians have prescribed for me do not work. They refuse to give my anything else out of the ordinary. Does anybody know what is wrong with me?

What's Wrong With Me?
Fred Sheftell

Pages: 1 2 2 1/2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Pages: 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Pages: 51 52 53 54 55 56